Introduction to HIFL
Harbin Institute of Foreign Languages (HIFL), founded in 1992 and authorized by Heilongjiang Provincial Education Department, is a private college and devotes itself to education and research on foreign languages and provided students with diplomas. HIFL has English Department, Russian Department, Japanese Department and the Special language Departments including Korean, French, German, Spanish, Arabian and etc. HIFL provides students majoring in English, Russian, Japanese with Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree; and students learning Intensive Courses in English, Russian, Japanese, Korean, German, French, Spanish, Arabian and Chinese with training certificates.
HIFL has become a very important education center in Northern China since 1992 in foreign language teachers training, foreign trade, international culture communication, foreign affairs, and oral interpretation & written translation and etc.
HIFL keeps a team of thirty eight highly skilled teachers including eighteen professors, twelve lecturers, eight teaching assistants, who are excellent in the areas of foreign languages & literatures, world cultures, oral interpretation, written translation, and with high academic fames in China. HIFL also keeps eight to fifteen foreign teachers from USA, UK, Russia, Ireland, Korea, Japan, Spain, Germany, Canada, France, Saudi Arab and etc. They practice HIFL’s Mission, “Cultivating Noble Persons” in teaching, and improve and perfect knowledge and skills of students, and develop their personal interests through a series of creative ideas and measures, e.g. Democratic Teaching System, Point System, Free Education Plan for Life, All-Round Quality Education, Mother Tongue Teaching Method through Pictures, Cultivating Moral Character and etc. Up till now, more than ten thousands graduates have been educated, who have acquired deep linguistic fundament and outstanding spoken language, and have been famous for their credibility and integrity and ability in dealing with concrete matters relating to work.
- Authorization to employ foreign experts and to provide them with Z-Visas issued by China Education Department since 2000
- China Famous Private Schools in 2002
- China Excellent Private Schools Collection in 2003
- China Famous Private Schools Directory in 2004
- CATTI Authorized Training Center by the National Ministry of Personnel in 2005
- Authorization to enroll foreign students issued by China Education Department since 2005
- Heilongjiang Provincial Excellent Private College appraised by Heilongjiang Provincial Education Department in 2006
- Heilongjiang Provincial Advanced Private College appraised by Heilongjiang Provincial Education Department in 2007
- Vice Chairman of Heilongjiang Provincial Private Education Council since 2008
- Fine Example in Heilongjiang Provincial Private Colleges appraised by Heilongjiang Provincial Education Department in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
- Standing Member of Higher Education Branch of China Education Council since 2010
- China Excellent Private College appraised by Higher Education Branch of China Education Council in 2012